History of Bemis Family Farms
The tree farm was first planted in 1978 by the previous owner. It was planted with the intent of transplanting large shade trees. Tracey Bemis began working for the previous owner in 1984.
Tracey and Donna Bemis bought the tree farm and established Bemis Tree Farm in 1992. The farm included 80 acres of land along with a 90-inch Big John Tree Transplanter mounted on a 1985 Mack Truck. Bemis primarily dealt with large shade trees. The business has since grown to include smaller trees and shrubs with the help of their two sons, Nathan and Jeremy.
Since 1992, the Bemis family has expanded their business into other areas. In 2012, Bemis Stump Busters was created offering professional stump removal. The following year, Bemis Honey Bee Farm was created providing honey bees, beekeeping supplies, and educational classes. In 2017, Cultivated Threads, was born as a full service screen printing and embroidery company.
Through our company’s growth, we have become Bemis Family Farms. We have now expanded to 185 acres and working on our third generation of farmers.
Driving Directions to Bemis Family Farm
- Bemis Family Farms is located 15 minutes south of downtown Little Rock off Highway 530.
- Take Highway 530 South to Exit 7, then turn left (which is east) onto 145th Street.
- Travel 3 miles and then you’ll reach a stop sign.
- At the stop sign turn left (which is north) onto Highway 365 and travel for one mile.
- Then turn right (which is east) onto Asher Road.
- The Farm is 0.2 miles on the left.